Tuesday 30 January 2007

Nerves

Woah my god! I just had my first REAL basketball tournament yesterday! It was so totally nerve-wracking! A full court game! Not those half court ones! I saw how the J1 basketball players played and I was beginning to get so nervous. The coach was playing tactics as well. A 2-3 zone and a halfcourt man to man. Ok I understand the latter but not the former! What the hell is a 2-3 zone? She explained it was a formation.

I couldn't even get the practice straight how could I get that right? Warm up was really really confusin me. Pass to that guy, run to the other side. Catch the ball shoot. Then grab rebound and pass to another guy. May sound simple here but it wasn't! I was so confused! This was the first friendly match against Saint Andrew's. During the match I saw how the J1 played and I was so bloody nervous. I was thinking to myself: "Oh no. how? I don't think I can handle this sorta stress. I think i should quit." I was put into the game afterwards. It was OK. The floor was really slippery though. (We were playing in their hall) No grip! I couldn't defend properly. I was pulled out after 5 mins. well I can't complain. At least i got to play, one of my friend didn't even get to play. Poor him! When I got back it was like 10 pm already. I never had school so late b4!

I also met my new Geography teacher too. She was an old hag. (Well maybe just for that day. She's new so I'll give her time) The way she talked. Oh my gosh. I could fall asleep on the spot. Standing as well. It was as if she had tons of marbles in her mouth. Yea. Try talking with a mouthful of marbles. Ok, THAT was how she talked. Geez wheez.

Today, during Civics we were practicing how to sing the school song. It was new (made by Dick Lee and a few others) so we had to practice. The thing is, a few days back I was chatting with my friends (from Innova) and they said I sounded like a guy from The Fray (who are they anyways?) so they asked me to sing. I was reluctant at first but I gave in. I sang a couple of verses from the Australian national anthem. I thought they would just forget about it there. BUT noooo. Then my teacher even knew about it so she asked me to sing SOLO. Like hell.

I didn't even get to see Cass much the whole day. Only in the morning which was like err 5mins? After which I never got to see her again for the whole day. Poor me. Supported my friend by buying "Macho Nachos" from their stall. It was Ok. Average. Not that great. But still. Heelim told me it was only $2. But it turned out to be 3. (Heelim! I want a refund you liar!)
Now I'm hanging out in the school library slacking. Our whole class decided to skip Econs tutorial. (Take that Mrs E! Hiya! Nick:1 Mrs E:0 ) Ooooo I wonder if we'll get in trouble on thursday, heard she made another make up lesson. (Hopefully not, or else I know we'll get a beating.) Later, going to get ANOTHER candy floss at the Pasar Malam! Yippe!! I LOVE CANDY FLOSS. Melts in your mouth. So delicious! AHEM! Attention everyone! My name is now changed to... Nick Candy Floss Oh! Remember that! Or Candy Man! HAHAHAaa... I love myself! Vain I know...

No comments: