Wednesday 16 January 2008

Killer Crossover

Bleah.

School was alright until lit tutorial. Teacher thinks I'm not paying attention during class. I AM! Really! I'm not dozing off in class anymore! In fact, I haven't dozed off for as many weeks as I can remember! I AM paying attention! How can she say that?! Is it my face? Do I have a face that looks like I'm really really sleepy, hence, the notion that I'm not paying attention and spacing out?

PREJUDICE!

DISCRIMINATION! Where's my lawyer?!

Then after school, I went to hunt down Helium to get the PSP games from his friend Andrew. So I could transfer it into my laptop for future use. When I was done, and like 3/4 of the way home,
I realised I left my laptop back in school...

*Looks around*
Can someone just, PUNCH me straight in the face?
No wait, change that, can someone "punch my ass?! (as my sis likes to put it.) I still need my face. I can spare the rump.

Played ball after dinner for a bit. Managed to catch a quick match with a group of guys from the Phillipines. And OMFG. One of the guys had this incredibly quick cross over move which even I couldn't keep up with! And that's saying something! It was as if he was slicing the air in front of me with the ball. Left, right, left... Slice, slice slice! Freaking hell! I was practically eating his dust. My god, I couldn't keep up... OMG OMG OMG. This is so...

I'm sad!

He just BLEW past me as if I was nothing... NOOO... I'm not insulted anyway. Just felt.

SLOW.

I usually pride myself on my quickness when playing with others. But not today. I felt, sluggish. Slow. Lumbering fool. Wading through lead.

I respect your game Mr. Flash-Feet! Fillipinos. I think I know what the difference between them and us Singaporean's game. They [foreigners] have a passion for the game. They live ball. They breathe ball. We Singaporeans? We just... Play ball. They play with finesse. We play with aggression. No skill! I wanted to get him to show me how he did it, but his friends were with him, and I had basically no guts to talk to him. SIGHS. Looks like I gave up my chance to improve.

Sighs! Literature again tomorrow... DAMN.

Here's a video of what a cross over move is. This dude you see in the video below, is one of NBA's greatest master of the cross over. He breaks ankles with his moves. Defenders are still looking for the ball when he's already left with it. He leaves them reaching out in the wrong direction. This my friends, is Allen Iverson. a.k.a AI. Standing at a mere 1.83m. (Which is considered to be below average height in the NBA)

He.Is.The.Answer.


No comments: