Sunday 26 June 2011

People of the Prata

Today was a pretty fun day.

Went to work as usual. I realized that there were lesser customers on weekends as compared to weekdays. Weird. Working in the outside world made me realize how much the army organization actually takes care of you. (But it does come at a price.) It is true that they provide everything for you: Accommodation, food and allowance. Heck, if you had a little bit of the miser spirit in you, you could have at LEAST two thousand at the end of your service. For real. But of course, being the needy people that we are, saving that amount veers on the impossible. Money came so easily back then. Makes me appreciate even more now. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I like being in there.

Went over to cousin Shuwei's house-warming after work. It was all the way at Fernvale. Seemed to me like it was built in the middle of nowhere. Getting to town took would take forever. Oh and did I mention it was my first time taking the LRT?

Wow. It's so small. When I first got on it, I took my place at the front to get a good look of things. I've seen LRTs plenty before, but it was the first time being on one, and I never realize how high up they were. It had an awesome view that overlooked the entire area But the thing I was most amazed with was the tracks it was running on. At one part of the journey, the tracks suddenly started to slope upwards, and at that moment it really reminded me of a roller coaster track. I half expected it to swoop downwards once it got over the peak. But of course it did not and I was kinda disappointed. To me then, the LRT was just a phony roller coaster wannabe. It had all the right looks, but none of the feeling. It felt like eating fried ice cream you know? Since it is fried, you would have imagined that whatever was inside would be scalding hot, but amazingly it's cold.

Good attempt SBS, but you're not quite cut out in creating good roller coaster in Singapore.

Tried to fly a kite with my cousin after dinner but only ended up with muddy shoes and a poor kite that got it's tail half snipped off cause we all thought it would lighten it's load when taking off. Went back and had a good time messing around with the PS3. It's been a long long time since I bruised my thumb abusing the controller playing Street Fighter! (The last time I did it was when I was in primary 4! And the skin came off my thumb afterwards.) Good ol' fun. Decided to buy a PS3 with my cousin Hausan. Impulsive buy? Whatever, retail therapy, I realized, did make me feel good, on the contrary that it only applied to girls. (I thought it was especially true after my recent bout of shopping fever in Malaysia with my friends. First time I spent so much on clothes. 70 bucks!) Oh well, it was cheap anyway, and besides, the PS2 that I had is dead, thanks to my younger cousins.

At midnight, we suddenly made a random unanimous decision to have prata! Woo. There's something about having prata after midnight. I guess doing so bonds us together somehow. PRATA UNITES PEOPLE. Didja know?

I realized that I like being around family crowds like this. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I suppose no one ever wants to feel alone. It's good to know that despite the coming and going of people that you have fallen in love with and thus the voids that it leaves behind, your family will still always be there to fill up the emptiness and make you whole again.




People of the Prata Unite!

No comments: