Saturday 8 August 2009

Catching Up

Hmm, this is the first time in my 19 years of life that I celebrated my birthday without the presence of my family around. It doesn't really feel any different though. But that's because birthdays don't seem so...

Special any more?

Perhaps as a kid we were more susceptible to all the hype and excitement conjured up by our parents, "Ooo, it's going to be someone's special day soon!" and stuff like that. I always remember when I was younger, and my birthday was only just round the corner, it was all I could ever think about. I felt so... SPECIAL. Even going to school, I felt like I was the MAN ya know? DA MAN!

But... As compared to now, it just feels like any other days, except that my wallet has grown strangely heavier.

Hmm... Nice.

Well, my 19th birthday was still pretty unique though. When everyone was singing the birthday song, they called my parents and put them through the loudspeaker so they could sing for me too. (Aww how sweet!) AND, after that, we actually went on skype so they could be "present" for the cake cutting ceremony as well as the giving out of the ang baos! Woots. (Since they couldn't pass me any, I got money credited into my account! Muahahahaha.)

Oh and my sister gave me a nice "gift" as well:

( Space to be uploaded with a picture when I find it... Soon.)


Then here's a random shot of my sister enjoying life at the backyard of our house in France.




Ahh, jealous you guys must be no? I know I am.

OH YEA. On a random note, I think my grandma is trying pop the 3 Cs onto me so I would finally succumb to her relentless dissing of vegetarians and their vegetables.

The 3 Cs:

  • To Convince
  • To Confuse and to
  • To Con.
Scary isn't it. An old lady trying brainwash her own grandson. Just this afternoon, while we were about to have our lunch, my grandma pointed to a dish that resembled those KFC's popcorn chicken and told me to have 'em. She insisted it was vegetarian and that's because my mum left a few items of vegetarian ingredients for her to cook for me. However this happened to be a leftover from another time when my mum fried those popcorn chicken. So my grandma "assumed" (or maybe she knew it was meat in the first place and just wanted to mess with my head) that it was vegetarian as well and then cunningly utilised the 3 Cs to put some meat in my mouth.

But of course, my keen sense of smell safeguarded my body from breaking out into rashes as I quickly consumed my food before she could dump any on my bowl.




Still... Had no idea my grandma had it in her to play mind games...





So that's how you want to play it eh Old lady?
(Cracks knuckles.)

No comments: