Wednesday 16 December 2009

Mundane

I'm starting to feel the dreariness of life already. Maybe it's just because I'm in NS. I know I know, everyone will just tell me to suck it up. Everyone has to go through it.

I know we do! But I wish I could have been doing more meaningful things! My vocation as store supervisor, while I do try to provide to the best of my abilities, I believe not much people can appreciate what we do. We're probably very much labelled as "expendables" in their eyes. Especially the older people in army. The "enciks." And that's the thing I can't stand about it.

Do this do that! This week, I was asked to do a mountain of work for this dude who's not even in my wing. He called me out of the blue to meet him in the office and BOOM, he throws a pile of shit right on my head.

How nice.

And he DOES have his own store supervisor. Hmm, why me then?

Meaningful things, what I meant by it is that I wish I could do something that will allow me to achieve something useful at the end of the day. I don't get anything out of this! Actually sometimes I wish I wasn't a medically unfit person in the army. At least I would stay fit should I be posted as someone undergoing physical training.

How about even a medic! Why not. That's something meaningful. Even a driver! At least they get a license outside once they're done with army. Gosh. Ok I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, but I really just wish people would appreciate what I do more. And really, a little encouragement can go a very long way.




They should know that.

No comments: